Hi there. It’s a new year, kids. Hell, it’s a new decade. You ready? On your mark, get set, go!
Comedian Dave Chappelle just won the Mark Twain Prize – a prize given to people who “have had an impact on American society in ways similar to Twain…” I’m not exactly sure how Twain impacted American society but I do know how Chappelle makes me laugh and gets me thinking at the same time. Why do I think we need him so badly? Check out his acceptance speech and you’ll hear it. He’s a guy who really will reach across the aisle, and he’ll do it with grace and humour.
There’s some other shit down below I thought you might like to check out:
Happy New Year, my friends!
- Chappelle’s acceptance speech https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwyeYmXjD1A
- Here’s some bingeworthy Netflixing courtesy of my good friend Chris Webb. Don’t f**k with Cats. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x41SMm-9-i4&t=4s
- Patrick Reed is one helluva golfer. Masters Champion. Ryder Cup Hero. He’s also a bit of a douche. Check out this article and why Reed needs an intervention. https://www.golfchannel.com/news/randalls-rant-patrick-reed-needs-intervention-because-hes-denial-and-its-bad-golf
- You knew this already, but James Corden has a pretty sweet gig. Check out his Carpool Karoake with Stevie Wonder. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqrvm2XDvpQ
- One of my favorite things about teaching English to business people is my gig as a teacher at the Hoge Veluwe National Park here in the Netherlands. I love the people, I love the Park, I love the pumpkin soup in the brand spanking new Park restaurant. As far as I’m concerned, this Park is Europe’s best kept secret. Go there! https://www.hogeveluwe.nl/en
If you liked this post, come find me on the socials!